In the 2019-2020 academic year, students graduate from the 9th grade, the curriculum of which from the 1st grade was built taking into account the requirements of the Federal State Educational Standard, and FIPI announced a number of changes in the KIMs of the OGE 2020 in mathematics, which should be guided in preparation for exams.
The innovations that will invariably affect GIA-9 are primarily associated with a number of differences between the old training programs and the principles of the Federal State Educational Standard, on which all programs are based, starting from the 2010-2011 academic year.
So, today in learning the priority areas are:
- system-activity approach;
- the transition from a dry study of theoretical terms to the practical application of knowledge in practice;
- development of meta-subject relationships;
- ability to use reference information;
- effective work with information.
What will be the OGE of 2020 in mathematics today can be judged from the KIM project submitted for public discussion on the FIPI website.
Important! Although the project is not the final version of the examination tasks and may still be adjusted in its format and content, it can be assumed with a high degree of probability that GIA-9 in mathematics 2020 will be just that.
Of the main innovations it is worth highlighting:
- change in the number of questions;
- lack of division into blocks "algebra" and "geometry";
- new wording of some questions;
- the changed maximum number of primary points;
- slightly changed criteria for evaluating work.
At the same time, while developing new KIMs in mathematics, the FIPI sought to maintain continuity, which means that in the new tickets it will be possible to meet many old-style questions.
In 2020, the format of the State Academic Administration will remain unchanged - graduates of 9th grades, like last year, will have exams in the walls of their own educational institution, but without the presence of subject teachers (in this case, teachers of mathematics and physics will not be allowed to take exams).
Also, the changes and the time frame will not be affected - the ninth-graders are given 235 minutes to complete the work, which is almost 4 hours (to be precise, 3 hours 55 minutes).
What's new in 2020 KIMs
A new promising model of the OGE 2020 for the subject "mathematics", presented on the FIPI website, is aimed at testing such basic mathematical skills that should be formed by a 9th grade graduate:
- performing calculations and transformations;
- transformation of algebraic expressions;
- solving equations and inequalities;
- solving systems of equations;
- reading and graphing functions;
- performing actions with geometric shapes;
- work in a coordinate system with points and vectors;
- calculation of the frequency and probability of random events;
- practical application of the theory in solving applied and complex problems;
- the ability to build simple mathematical models.
The exam exam ticket in mathematics in 2020 will contain 23 questions divided into two modules - 1 part (17 tasks) will provide a short answer, which will need to be entered on the form, 2 part (6 tasks) will provide a solution with a detailed answer.
Part number 1
When solving the demo version of the OGE 2020 in mathematics, students will encounter tasks of a new format from the first sheet.
To complete the first 5 questions, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the given household diagram and, taking into account the basic data provided in the text, provide an answer to the questions posed.
Important! When performing such tasks, it is very important to carefully read the condition, not missing important facts and the essence of the question.
In the first block, you will also meet the tasks of the past years, with which, most likely, the teachers have already acquainted you in the lessons when studying the relevant topics:
- data substitution in formulas;
- work with a numerical line;
- function graphs;
- mathematical operations with degrees;
- geometric problems, etc.
When working on the first part of GIA-9 in mathematics, consider these recommendations:
- use the draft (note that what is written in the draft is not checked);
- try to conduct an answer to the optimal form;
- enter answers in the form only if you are completely sure;
- write carefully, observing the filling requirements.
Also see the full analysis of the decision of the 1st part of the OGE 2020:
Part number 2If many tasks of the first module have not practically changed, then the second module of the OGE 2020 in mathematics will surprise students who wish to graduate from grade 9 to continue their studies in specialized classes. The thing is that getting high scores without deciding the second part in 2020 is simply unrealistic, because these 6 tasks give 15 out of 32 maximum possible points.
At the same time, experts have already given their assessment of the new CIM, focusing not on the fact that the 2nd part has become more complicated, although it has become more interesting from the point of view of task conditions.
Important! Please note that the system for evaluating tasks with detailed answers implies the possibility of solving them in different ways, as well as involving mathematical facts presented in school textbooks, without the need for proof.
Of the main innovations of the second part of the Unified State Examination in mathematics in 2020 is a rather complicated task in probability theory, as well as a new problem in knowledge of number theory, which also occurs in versions of the Unified State Examination for the 11th grade.
We also offer to look at a discussion of solutions to new problems of the 2nd part, which will be met at the OGE in 2020:
The GIA-9 assessment system itself in the 2019-2020 academic year will remain unchanged. The first block will be checked through a computer by digitizing the response form. Verification of the second block is traditionally entrusted to experts. For each work, a review by two independent experts will be mandatory. A third expert will recheck if:
- the discrepancy in the assessment of any task will be more than 2 points;
- expert opinion does not agree when evaluating 2 or more tasks.
As before, in 2020, in mathematics, an OGE participant can score a maximum of 32 points, but their distribution according to the tasks in the new KIM will change slightly. So, all questions of the 1st part are estimated at 1 point, and for solving problems of 2-1 parts, 2 or even 3 points can be awarded.
from 1 to 17
from 18 to 20
from 21 to 23
To determine the grade that will affect the grade of the certificate, FIPI recommends the use of the following conformance table:
Did not pass
Thus, in order to receive a document on education, it is enough for the graduate to correctly answer 8 questions of the 1st block. But, for enrollment in a specialized class or for applying for college, you will need a minimum:
- 18 b (direction of the natural science profile);
- 19 b. (for areas related to physics, mathematics and computer science).
The main question that arises for parents of ninth graders is whether a tutor is needed to prepare for the OGE in mathematics.
To answer this question, it is worth analyzing:
- What goals does the child set for himself (just pass an exam or join a prestigious college)?
- What level of theoretical knowledge and practical skills are there at the moment (answer honestly, not focusing on school grades)?
- How self-organized is the ninth grader?
- Is the school teacher ready to help in case of questions and difficulties with solving the problem (teachers are different)?
- Will there be additional group classes at the school?
For a student with a high level of self-organization and good basic knowledge, who, in this case, in case of difficulty, seek the help of a teacher (or parent), more than enough to independently solve tasks from the OGE bank. But, if you need a high score, and today you already feel that there is a certain knowledge gap, it is better not to delay finding a good tutor.
Remember, you can prepare for OGE in 1 month only to someone who already knows almost everything. It may take a whole year to find and eliminate significant gaps in knowledge, provided the student himself works fruitfully!
The secret to successful passing the State Academic College in mathematics in both the 9th and 11th grades is a good knowledge of the theoretical foundations + rich practical experience. Only by solving many diverse tasks can one gain confidence in one's own abilities.